With regard to the protection of your privacy, LABORATOIRE NUXE, NUXE HONG KONG LIMITED and NUXE SPA (collectively “we”, “our”, “us” or “the Nuxe Group”), pledge to comply with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, Cap. 486 of the laws of Hong Kong and this policy for protection of personal data (hereinafter called “this Policy”) is of great importance to the privacy, confidentiality and security of the personal data that you provide to us.
We would like to explain to you by this Policy the nature of the personal data that we collect, the way in which we process it and the measures that we take to ensure its security and the nature of your rights.
This Policy can be updated at any time by us and any modifications shall take effect immediately. We thus invite you to refer to it regularly in order to take note of the latest version available.
By using our website www.nuxe.com or hk.nuxe.com (hereinafter called “our Site”), you declare that you accept the terms of this Policy and agree that we can collect, use and disclose your personal data in accordance with this Policy. This Policy applies to all the personal data that you provide to us directly or indirectly. In the event of disagreement about the terms of the Policy, we invite you not to use our Site.
For any further information, you can contact us here
1.Who will collect your personal data?
Your personal data collected in the course of our business activities are mainly processed by:
Registered office: 19 Rue Péclet, 75015 PARIS
Paris Corporate Register number: 642.060.123
And for the Spa services, also by NUXE SPA
Registered office: 19 Rue Péclet, 75015 PARIS
Paris Corporate Register number: 497.883.587
2.When do we collect your data?
We collect, directly or indirectly through our service providers, personal data from you notably when:
- You browse our Site or use our services on our Site,
- You subscribe to our newsletter,
- You write a customer opinion, or a comment on our social networks or our Site,
- You contact us through various channels including, in particular, the contact forms, by post or by telephone,
- You participate in a game or competition, product tests, satisfaction surveys and polls,
- You visit us in our Institute or Spa in France,
- You share content on any social networks by using a hashtag #Nuxe or hashtags that we propose to you,
- You have given your agreement to third parties so that they can send us personal data concerning you,
- You share your personal data with us on our User Generated Consent (hereinafter called “UGC”).
We only collect your personal data when it is strictly necessary and legal. We undertake only to collect the minimum of personal information necessary for the purposes covered by this Policy.
In the event where we will need to use your personal data for purposes not covered by this Policy, additional consent will be requested from you.
3.How do we collect your data?
We can collect personal information about you from various sources, and in particular we collect personal data:
- directly from you when you voluntarily communicate to us notably through collection forms (for example, last name, first name and address details)
- indirectly, automatically or with your express consent at the time of your use of our Site
- from third parties who you choose to share personal data with at the time of your use of their sites
- from other legitimate sources, including sources available commercially, such as public databases and data aggregators.
4.What personal data do we collect?
In this Policy, “personal data” or “personal information” means any data or information (i) relating directly or indirectly to you; (ii) from which it is practicable for your identity to be ascertained directly or indirectly; and (iii) in a form in which access to or processing of the data is practicable. This generally includes information such as your name, address, profile photo, e-mail address and telephone number, but can also include other information such as your IP address, information collected through our cookies (please refer to section 7 below), your buying habits, and information about your lifestyle and your preferences.
In addition to the personal data in the paragraph above which we will collect from you, we will also collect the following data:
At the time of your registration for our newsletter
your e-mail address
At the time of the filing of your opinion about a product and/or service proposed on our Site or our social networks
the content of your opinion
At the time of the filing of content on our UGC and/or our social networks
the content filed (image, photograph, video, opinion, etc)
At the time of your contacting our Consumer Department
your last name, first name, e-mail address, postal address, date of birth, telephone number, order number, the content of your request
At the time of your participation in any games/competitions, product tests, satisfaction surveys and polls
your last name, first name, e-mail address, date of birth, your content connected to the participation (photographs, videos, opinions, comments etc), Facebook ID
At the time of your visit to our Institute or Spa in France
your last name, first names, telephone number, e-mail address, postal address, date of birth, data contained in the health questionnaire
Your personal data is collected by means which are lawful and fair in the circumstances of the case; no collection is made without the knowledge of the persons whose personal data is concerned and without them being informed.
5.For what purposes do we collect your data?
The use of your personal data has an explicit, legitimate and specific purpose.
Any processing or use of your personal data which may have a purpose other than those set out below shall require your consent.
For our part, the processing or use of your personal data allows us to provide you with the services of our Site, ensure its improvement and maintain a secure environment for storage of your personal data and, in particular, to:
- Manage the functioning and the optimisation of our Site and our services and products
- Enhance the efficiency of your future activities and experiences on our Site
- Assess the use of our Site and of our products and services and to analyse the effectiveness of our communication campaigns and promotions
- Personalise your experience on our Site and other platforms and to assess anonymously and globally the activities on our Site and other platforms (in particular, we take into account the time when you visited it, if you have already visited it and what site referred you to it)
- Make our Site easier to use and customize our Site, and our products and services according to your interests and needs
- Manage our customer relationship through our CRM, in order to get to know you better, and personalise our products and services;
- Contact you concerning the products and services capable of interesting you (launching of new products, promotional offers, promotional events, beauty lessons and/or demonstrations, PR event, VIP meetings, store opening events, announcements/events, events with shopping centres, department stores, celebrities, magazines, television and websites, joint promotions with other brands, etc.), on condition that you have given your express consent to the use of your personal data for this purpose(or an indication of no objection to the use)
- Provide you with the products or services that you request from us (request for information, replying to your questions/comments)
- Provide sharing tools on our Site and/or social networks
- Prevent and detect frauds, malwares (malicious software) and manage security incidents
- Manage disputes.
We try to minimise the data collected, and to keep it accurate and up to date by taking into account the rights of the persons concerned.
6.For how long do we keep your data?
In accordance with the legislation and regulations in effect, we do not keep your data beyond the duration strictly necessary for the purposes stated above.
THE TYPE OF DATA
THE DURATION OF CONSERVATION
>The personal data that you have filled out/declared in your profile.
>The data concerning your browsing and your use of our Site,
Duration of three (3) years from your last activity on our Site
>The audience measurement statistics and your visitor data of our Site
Duration of thirteen (13) months
>The data estalishing proof of a right or a contract to be established or kept to comply with a statutory obligation
Archiving in accordance with the legislation in effect
However, in order to fulfil our legal obligations, your data can be the subject of archiving and be kept beyond the above-mentioned periods, in accordance with the legislation in effect.
7.What is our policy concerning cookies?
For more details, please consult our policy concerning cookies.
8.Who are the recipients of your data?
We are the sole recipients of your personal data and we do not market it.
On the other hand, to the extent that this turns out to be necessary, we can communicate and transfer your personal data to authorised and specified recipients for any of the purposes stated above in section 5, namely:
- all of the employees of the companies of the Nuxe Group and their subsidiaries and associated companies,
- our advertising, marketing and promotion agencies who help us to execute and analyse the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns and promotions,
- third parties who will deliver a Nuxe product or service to you, such as delivery or a postal service delivering a Nuxe product that you have ordered,
- third party suppliers of services, including without limitation third party suppliers of internet marketing services, third party suppliers of customer relationship management services, and third party suppliers of hosting services for websites,
- third party suppliers of website analysis tools such as Google,
- our service providers and/or business partners when sharing is necessary to achieve the purposes stated in section 5 above,
- the administrative or judicial authorities when they request us to disclose your information to them.
We require these recipients to take the technical and organisational measures necessary and appropriate to ensure the confidentiality and optimal security of your data against any improper use and only use it in accordance with our instructions and the legislation and regulations in effect, notably by the entering into an agreement for the protection of personal data.
9.How do we protect your data?
In our capacity as data user, we take all reasonable precautions to protect the security and the confidentiality of your personal data by deploying organisational, technical, software and physical measures and we require our partners to do the same.
We will take reasonable steps to prevent any unauthorised access, modification, interference, loss and/or abuse of or to your personal data. However, despite our efforts, we cannot guarantee the perfect security of the transmission or storage of your personal data on the Internet as the Internet is not a sufficiently safe and secure environment.
10.How can you exercise your rights?
In accordance with Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, you have a right to request:
- access to your personal data,
- rectification or correction of your personal data,
- cessation of the processing or use of your personal data in direct marketing.
To exercise these rights, you only need to request make a written request for this, signed and accompanied by an identity document to our customer service officer:
- by sending a letter to the following address:
NUXE HONG KONG LIMITED
Rm 702, 7/F, 111 Leighton Road
- or by a contact form
Subject to the paragraph below, if you make a request for access to your personal data or rectification or correction of your personal data, we will comply with such request within 40 days in accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance after receiving the request and if we unable to comply with such request, we will, before the expiration of that period, by notice in writing inform you that we are so unable and of the reasons why we are so unable, and comply with the request to the extent that we are able to comply with the request. As soon as practicable after the expiration of that period, we will comply or fully comply with the request.
Nevertheless, we may refuse any request in accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance.
However, you can exercise your right of access to and of rectification or correction of your personal data in your account at any time through our Site.
How do you deregister from our newsletter lists?
Deregistration from our newsletter lists is available through the deregistration link present at the bottom of all our newsletters.
11.What is our Policy concerning personal data of minors?
Our Site is intended for adults or minors who have the authorisation of their legal representative allowing them to make an order on our Site.
We neither knowingly collect nor process personal data concerning minors.
We are not responsible for any illegal collection or processing of personal data made by social networks that we use such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
As a service provided to our visitors, our Site may contain hypertext links referring to other websites which are neither operated nor controlled by us.
This being the case, we shall not be held liable for the content of such websites or for the measures of protection of data of third parties who operate them. We draw your attention to the fact that the measures of protection of the data of third parties can differ from those presented in this Policy. We urge you to verify and understand their measures in relation to their data privacy before entrusting your personal data to them.